What I believe



I believe in God, my Father, my Almighty, the Ancient of Days. I believe in Genesis 1:1. I believe that everything is possible with Him through Him. I believe He has marked me as His. I believe that all my sins melted off with the grace of forgiveness when I was baptized as an adult. I believe my life began anew that day as the sins of my past were washed away.

I believe in Jesus Christ the only son of the Father. I believe Jesus left the majesty and glory of Heaven to suffer the indignity of humanness. I believe Jesus suffered for my sins and through his death I am forgiven. I believe that Jesus conquered death and evil by rising from the dead. I believe the Shroud of Turin is real.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, my guide, God who dwells within me, who gives me strength and now leads and teaches me.

I believe in forgiveness of sins, that all life is precious regardless of quality, intellect, age or wholeness. I believe that everyone and everything has a divine purpose, I believe in the sanctity of life at any age. I believe that God condemns those who take advantage of the poor. I believe that I cannot divorce my religion from my relationships. I believe true religion should result in righteous acts. I believe that God requires not only personal righteousness but also social responsibility. I believe in anonymous acts.

I believe that the Bible is true and God breathed, II Timothy 3:16. I believe that God will come again to judge all mankind. I believe in salvation, forgiveness of sins and life ever lasting.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Project - Stairs Phase 1 Demolition

I have been in the condo for three years and have hated the carpet on the stairs the entire time. But like many things it was a ways down on the list of priorities for remake & remodel. My motivation to make changes came today from out in blogland. I was searching for new blogs and new ideas when I stumbled across Diane at http://inmyownstyle.com/2011/01/my-foyer-staircase-reveal.html. With that one look my imagination was off and running. I could do this, right?

I will post on my/our progress over the next few days. But first here is a th
e before (I remembered to take the before). Total count is 17 stairs with icky Berber carpet that has seen better days. Seeing how Diane's stairs turned out - we jumped right in ripping up the carpet and pad and then we saw this. The treads were MDF ick and the risers were pine, which is what we hoped the treads would have been. We pulled up all the tack strips and the hundreds of staples, swept and cleaned the are. Now we will decide if we need to replace the treads or continue with my original plan. This was supposed to be a low cost project.

We did get some advise during the demo phase of the project. Painting should be fun with 3 guys to keep off the stairs.

Phase II tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment