What I believe



I believe in God, my Father, my Almighty, the Ancient of Days. I believe in Genesis 1:1. I believe that everything is possible with Him through Him. I believe He has marked me as His. I believe that all my sins melted off with the grace of forgiveness when I was baptized as an adult. I believe my life began anew that day as the sins of my past were washed away.

I believe in Jesus Christ the only son of the Father. I believe Jesus left the majesty and glory of Heaven to suffer the indignity of humanness. I believe Jesus suffered for my sins and through his death I am forgiven. I believe that Jesus conquered death and evil by rising from the dead. I believe the Shroud of Turin is real.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, my guide, God who dwells within me, who gives me strength and now leads and teaches me.

I believe in forgiveness of sins, that all life is precious regardless of quality, intellect, age or wholeness. I believe that everyone and everything has a divine purpose, I believe in the sanctity of life at any age. I believe that God condemns those who take advantage of the poor. I believe that I cannot divorce my religion from my relationships. I believe true religion should result in righteous acts. I believe that God requires not only personal righteousness but also social responsibility. I believe in anonymous acts.

I believe that the Bible is true and God breathed, II Timothy 3:16. I believe that God will come again to judge all mankind. I believe in salvation, forgiveness of sins and life ever lasting.

Monday, February 7, 2011

A Devotional for Each Day

I am constantly striving to strengthen my relationship with God. This is new for me, growing up Catholic the thought of having a one on one relationship with God was not something taught or discussed. However as an adult Christian I crave that relationship. He leads me to a better life, a life focused on

It is not always the easiest thing to do , I get interrupted, delayed and deterred, but I continue to persevere. At this time I am reading between two devotionals, Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado and Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, I am also reading He chose the Nails also by Lucado.

The theme of today's devotional is doing what is right. It is amazing when I think about because it would seem to be an easy thing to do, but all to often something gets in the way. I truly believe that the harder we try to focus our desire and attention to God and to His good works, the evil one attempts to derail us. How many times have we been running late to Bible study and the thought comes in to our minds to skip the study rather than walk in late? Or we over sleep and decide to skip Church rather than going to the later service? Or someone says something we disagree with and rather than being gracious, we argue?

If we believe that God lives within us, then doing what is right becomes easier. It is easier to tell Evil to get behind me. It is easier to make the right decisions, go to the better choice of movies, environments and be with people that share like ideas.

Understanding that God resides in me and my house lightens my burdens, through Him I am blessed and through His grace I am capable of standing firm in the face of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment