What I believe



I believe in God, my Father, my Almighty, the Ancient of Days. I believe in Genesis 1:1. I believe that everything is possible with Him through Him. I believe He has marked me as His. I believe that all my sins melted off with the grace of forgiveness when I was baptized as an adult. I believe my life began anew that day as the sins of my past were washed away.

I believe in Jesus Christ the only son of the Father. I believe Jesus left the majesty and glory of Heaven to suffer the indignity of humanness. I believe Jesus suffered for my sins and through his death I am forgiven. I believe that Jesus conquered death and evil by rising from the dead. I believe the Shroud of Turin is real.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, my guide, God who dwells within me, who gives me strength and now leads and teaches me.

I believe in forgiveness of sins, that all life is precious regardless of quality, intellect, age or wholeness. I believe that everyone and everything has a divine purpose, I believe in the sanctity of life at any age. I believe that God condemns those who take advantage of the poor. I believe that I cannot divorce my religion from my relationships. I believe true religion should result in righteous acts. I believe that God requires not only personal righteousness but also social responsibility. I believe in anonymous acts.

I believe that the Bible is true and God breathed, II Timothy 3:16. I believe that God will come again to judge all mankind. I believe in salvation, forgiveness of sins and life ever lasting.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

For the Bird

We make a quick trip to Arkansas to visit R's mommy, at 91 she is a really an amazing woman. I love these trips for a variety of reason, particularly because we have settled into a pattern that is comfortable for both of us. R drives (it's a control thing), I knit and watch the surrounding countryside while we listen to audio books. This trip is was The First Family by David Baldacci. I highly recommend this book if you love a plot with twists and turns, multiple plots and have 14.5 hours! When we arrived home on Saturday we had 3 CD's to go! Since we were not at a stopping point we actually drove around town listening until we came to a place where we could momentarily end that listening session.

An interesting thing happened when we were about 2 hours from Jonesboro, Arkansas. R yelled "Did you see that" made a fast U turn that caused several dropped stitches grrrrr, another U turn to get us pointed in the right direction and pulling along the side of the road R pointed to this.
WOW He was a beauty. Not sure of what species he was but he was certainly amazing. At his feet was his dinner, hmmmmm opossum, not quite five star but he seemed to be enjoying it.

I have edited the photos for posting, some are not for the squeamish but if you dare check out his talons. I think we sat for about 30 minutes watching, whispering and snapping a zillion photos.

I posted on FB and asked what he might be, do you have thoughts? Here is a closer look.This fella was totally nonplussed by two crazy folks in a car watching him from less that 10 feet away. At one point he was ready for his profile shot. At the advise of a friend I sent several photos to the Carolina Raptor Center and requested help identifying him. The Answer, an immature Red Tailed Hawk. if you look closely you can see the beginning of banded tail feathers which will redden as he matures.

Hope you enjoyed him as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment