What I believe



I believe in God, my Father, my Almighty, the Ancient of Days. I believe in Genesis 1:1. I believe that everything is possible with Him through Him. I believe He has marked me as His. I believe that all my sins melted off with the grace of forgiveness when I was baptized as an adult. I believe my life began anew that day as the sins of my past were washed away.

I believe in Jesus Christ the only son of the Father. I believe Jesus left the majesty and glory of Heaven to suffer the indignity of humanness. I believe Jesus suffered for my sins and through his death I am forgiven. I believe that Jesus conquered death and evil by rising from the dead. I believe the Shroud of Turin is real.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, my guide, God who dwells within me, who gives me strength and now leads and teaches me.

I believe in forgiveness of sins, that all life is precious regardless of quality, intellect, age or wholeness. I believe that everyone and everything has a divine purpose, I believe in the sanctity of life at any age. I believe that God condemns those who take advantage of the poor. I believe that I cannot divorce my religion from my relationships. I believe true religion should result in righteous acts. I believe that God requires not only personal righteousness but also social responsibility. I believe in anonymous acts.

I believe that the Bible is true and God breathed, II Timothy 3:16. I believe that God will come again to judge all mankind. I believe in salvation, forgiveness of sins and life ever lasting.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Advent - Preparing my Heart

Do we spend as much time preparing our hearts for this Holiday as we do our homes? What would happen if we could say yes to this question? How would people react in a light shown as brightly in us as in the windows of our homes?

In preparing my home for Christmas this year, I realize there is a difference in me - good difference. There is a deeper love for my Savior. As I work to prepare my home for this Holiday Season so am I working at preparing my heart. With each decoration I set in place I ponder the miracle of His birth and what it means to me.

When Christ left the Heavenlies to come and live among us was there rejoicing in this supreme gift or was there anguish over the ultimate sacrifice? The sacrifice of God in giving His son, the sacrifice of the Son in giving His life for me for us. My home is aglow with lights and candles and I wonder, do I allow His light to shine in me to the fullest extent? As God gave His son to redeem my sins, can I give of myself equally? Am I a cheerful giver when the giving is difficult or costs something of myself? Is my giving an example of Christ in me?

I pray for an open heart, a genuine smile when the gifting is difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment