What I believe



I believe in God, my Father, my Almighty, the Ancient of Days. I believe in Genesis 1:1. I believe that everything is possible with Him through Him. I believe He has marked me as His. I believe that all my sins melted off with the grace of forgiveness when I was baptized as an adult. I believe my life began anew that day as the sins of my past were washed away.

I believe in Jesus Christ the only son of the Father. I believe Jesus left the majesty and glory of Heaven to suffer the indignity of humanness. I believe Jesus suffered for my sins and through his death I am forgiven. I believe that Jesus conquered death and evil by rising from the dead. I believe the Shroud of Turin is real.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, my guide, God who dwells within me, who gives me strength and now leads and teaches me.

I believe in forgiveness of sins, that all life is precious regardless of quality, intellect, age or wholeness. I believe that everyone and everything has a divine purpose, I believe in the sanctity of life at any age. I believe that God condemns those who take advantage of the poor. I believe that I cannot divorce my religion from my relationships. I believe true religion should result in righteous acts. I believe that God requires not only personal righteousness but also social responsibility. I believe in anonymous acts.

I believe that the Bible is true and God breathed, II Timothy 3:16. I believe that God will come again to judge all mankind. I believe in salvation, forgiveness of sins and life ever lasting.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pets Friends Companions What?

I love animals and for my adult years have always had cats, specifically black cats.  I really don't know why I love black cats but to me they seem more grateful.  I have a sense that they know they are disliked, feared and to some even hated but to me they have a huge capacity for affection.

Right now  I have 3 black cats, Angus is my gentleman, at 15 he is the king of the house.  He sits in that classic cat pose sitting straight up, front paws together and tail wrapped around his paws. Bless his heart I have seen him fall asleep in this pose. When his head drops suddenly as he falls asleep, I avert my eyes sparing his dignity.

Next I have Joe Lewis, a fitting name as Joe is a fighter. Actually Joe is insecure and feels the need to come out fighting. When he was first adopted he was a recluse, today, 6 months later he comes around at dinner time and he has lost his commando belly to the ground walk.  When I walk in to a room he doesn't run for his life he is content to watch my movements.

The littlest guy is Winston, he was born to a no kill shelter where he lived for 3 years until I brought him home.  Winston is tiny, about the size of a 8 month kitten, he has terrible front teeth which results in his tongue sliding out of his mouth  when he is asleep.   Winston is extremely affectionate often sleeping beside me while I am on the sofa knitting or with his head on my pillow during the night. He follows me throughout the house, content to sit or stand while I do whatever chore needs to be done.

I love all three each for their own specific qualities and characteristics.  I will post photos when I get a replacement cord for my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment